The announcement of the Shelley testnet and mainnet of Cardano (ADA) blockchain keeps on creating ripples in the crypto and blockchain space as Cardano holds the 7th position as the largest cryptocurrency by market cap, after surpassing about 6 projects on the table within 2 months.
Meanwhile, the head of delivery at IOHK, Christopher Greenwood, has just disclosed that the team behind Cardano is making great progress on the Shelley Testnet and mainnet, adding that the blockchain network is moving into the closing week of the Shelley Testnet program.
Greenwood made this known during the developmental updates for this week which ends on 17th of July. He said in the past week, eight developmental updates have been achieved, however, about 4 new ones are ahead.
Cardano Shelley Updates for Last week
1. The Cardano network continues the hard fork of the network, a crucial stage for the continuity of the platform from the Bryon era into Shelley.
2. Stake pool operators are using the testnet and excellent feedbacks are to roll in.
3. Primary resolution of activity integration between nodes, Wallet Back End, and the Daedalus wallet itself.
4. On the heel of the third update, a new version of the Wallet back end and node has been released.
Other components have also been released during the updates. They include:
- The DB Sync, which helps write data from the chain and are used to service the system.
- Graph QL, and
- SMASH, the stakepool meta data aggregation server. SMASH collects all information around URLs.
5. The Shelley version of the Daedalus wallet has been proven. All core features of the wallet like stakepool ranking, delegations among some other important things are already functioning perfectly.
6. The Staking Calculator, it allows users calculate the amount of investments and return that can get from stakepools.
7. The old Cardano SL codebase, the old integration method for most exchanges. This development is such a big one for developers as they have suffered a lot of legacy issues with the old SL.
Cardano Shelley Awaits 4 Imminent Updates
1. Cardano awaits the final wallet backend updates. The team will go through a number of integration activities, and there a number of features on the queue coming with Shelley. This includes:
- Byron Witnesses
- Hard Fork Combinator Integration
- Enhanced Stake Pool Ranking: This gives a better understanding of stake pool performance
- Reward withdrawal history
2. New Shelley Daedalus Release
3. Mainnet Candidate version node 1.16
4. Exchange integration alongside Shelly launching